Library staff are not qualified to help you do your taxes, but we can certainly point you in the right direction to get everything you need during tax season.
The library has received the federal 1040, 1040A and 1040 EZ forms as well as instructions for the 1040A and 1040EZ. You can download and print the Internal Revenue Service’s forms and instruction booklets from the IRS website. You may also request that the IRS mail you tax forms directly by ordering them on the IRS website or calling 1 (800) 829-3676.
Visit IRS Tax Topics if you're unsure about which form you need.
Nearest IRS office
5100 River Road
Schiller Park IL
Office information: 847-737-6688
Make an appointment: 844-545-5640
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 - April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact change is required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290 (Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return) (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
Illinois State Taxes
The library has received a limited quantity of state 1040s and schedule ICR forms as well as instructions for the 1040. Check the Illinois Department of Revenue website for printable tax forms.
Visit the Illinois Department of Revenue website if you have additional questions or would like to file online.
Nearest Illinois Tax Office
Maine North Regional Building
9511 Harrison Avenue
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016-1563
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tax Filing Assistance
Need assistance filing your taxes? Triton College's Retired and Senior Volunteer Program can help. They offer tax assistance by appointment at the Elmwood Park Senior Center. To schedule an appointment, call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3895, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays. The service runs from Feb. 8 through April 14. For more information, visit their website. The IRS also offers volunteer assistance for qualifying taxpayers.
Online Filing Options
The following services offer free online filing for federal forms. Paid versions cover more advanced features.
IRS - Offers everything you need to file your Federal taxes.
Illinois Department of Revenue - Information, forms and publications for Illinois residents.
FTA State Tax Forms - Links to most states' income tax forms.