Elmwood Park Public Library cards and card renewals are free to Elmwood Park residents and provide you with access to Library materials, as well as our online/electronic resources. While Elmwood Park Public Library is a member of the SWAN network, your card can also be used at any public library in Illinois.
Elmwood Park Public Library cards are valid for three years, upon which time you will be required to renew your card. There is a $3.00 fee for replacement of lost cards.
What do you need in order to get or renew an Elmwood Park Public Library card?
Adult Library Cards
Adults 18 years of age and older must present the following identification:
- A photo ID (current Illinois Driver’s License or State ID) with your name and current Elmwood Park address.
- If your photo ID does not show a current Elmwood Park address, then we will require an additional piece of identification that displays your name and Elmwood Park address, such as:
- current utility bill
- current phone bill
- mortgage payment book
- paycheck (with name, address, and date)
Youth Library Cards
Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign for a card and show the same forms of ID as listed above. Both parent and child must reside at the Elmwood Park address and the child must be present at the time.
If you live in Chicago, bring in your valid Chicago Public Library card and photo ID, whereupon we will verify that your library card is in good standing. Once verified we will enter your Chicago Public Library card into our SWAN system. These cards can be used at all SWAN libraries and expire on the same date as your Chicago Pubic Library card.
- New or renewed Library cards are issued from opening until one half hour before closing.
- Elmwood Park Public Library reserves the right to refuse to issue a library card to patrons who do not meet the identification requirements and/or those who have delinquent accounts at other libraries.
- If you lose your library card, immediately contact us so that we can put a stop on your card to prevent others from using it.
- Circulation Policy (Updated July 15, 2015).
- Manage your new library account online.